Sunday, August 11, 2013

Time Lost


A couple of weeks back I lost this. This represents three years of my life and the week we spent searching for it, retracing my steps, calling people, business, I felt like I had a permanent hole within me.

Graeme and I went on our nightly walks throughout the week and one night I realized as we were talking about the last three years why this journal meant probably a bit more than any other. This was my transitional journal. It was the one I started as a single girl living with wonderful friends to married woman living with her best friend. It was a big transition for me and often still feels like one, but this journal captured those initial thoughts and feelings and those meant a lot to me.

Thankfully I got a call at the end of the week and my journal had been found! I immediately went and picked it up, wrote its last entry in the car, and when I got home it went straight into the box with the rest of ramblings and memories.

I know these won't nearly mean as much to anyone else as they do to me, but it is nice to have some record of where I have come and where I am going, with everything in between.

1 comment:

Bean said...

I'm glad you found it! I know what you mean - there are certain journals I revisit because they captured a time in my life I don't want to forget. They remind me of the person I used to be, the person I was becoming at the time.