Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What Hurts


What Hurts The Most
I can take the rain On the roof of this empty house That don’t bother meI can take a few tears now and then And I just let ‘em out I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while Even though goin’ on with you gone still upsets meThere are days every now and again I pretend I’m okay But that’s not what gets me
What hurts the most Was being so closeAnd havin’ so much to sayAnd watchin’ you walk awayAnd never knowin’What could’ve beenAnd not seein’ that lovin’ you Is what I was tryin’ to do It’s hard to deal with the pain Of losin’ you everywhere I go But I’m doin’ it
It’s hard to force that smileWhen I see our old friends and I’m aloneStill harder gettin’ up, gettin’ dressed, livin’ with this regret But I know if I could do it overI would trade, give away All the words that I saved in my heart That I left unspokenNot seein’ that lovin’ you That’s what I was trying to do.

No comments: