Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Day in Auckland

It has been almost 48 hours since setting foot into New Zealand and already I am blown away by the LORD's timing and provision. Even in a such short amount of time I have found myself feeling myself. Given there is quite a bit more traveling to be done before getting settled, but the journey up to this point has been fantastic.

Today Kris and I had the chance to go into downtown Auckland. Great city located on the water. (Fun fact: the farthest point from ocean water you will get is 2 hours!) We caught a bus into town and began to explore our way around the city. We ended up going back to the location of a meeting I had yesterday. When we got up there we ran into a friend we made on the bus coming from the airport. His name is Phil and he is from UK, really nice guy. So we ended up spending the day wandering around with Phil our new friend. I found the public transportation quite easy and I told Kris on our ride home that I did not think I would miss driving too much...only on those days were I just wished to get in a car and go for a drive! :)

In these few short ours of being here God has already answered dozens of prayers. One major one being the fact that I was afraid that I should shut down a part of myself and not make friends. I know many of you who know me think this is silly, but truly it was a fear. But when I think about my fears and place them before God I took think they can be quite silly. For all I can see and believe the LORD knew long ago that I would be standing here 10,000 miles away from home, but along the way has been preparing and equipping me for this time as well. What an incredible God we serve. He truly does deserve the praise given to Him in revelation. And alas even though I may not be up there with the ten thousands of angels I am given the opportunity to praise from here...a little island that so desperately needs to know Him. I am humbled at the fact that He chose me. What a gift I have been given.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. May the LORD be with you...no matter where you are on this world.

With Love,
h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you FRIEND. It looks beautiful and I am so blessed to be walking this journey with you - even if I am 10,000 miles away from you.

Have a wonderful day. It is so strange, but for the next year you will always be a day ahead of me :)

I LOVE YOU FRIEND