Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Developing Lifestyle

I feel as though I am coming into my own so to speak. Right before graduating college so many people around were discussing the idea/concept that college does very little to prepare you for stepping into the "real world", now maybe that isn't their specific duty; either way most twenty-somethings are thrown into the deep end in hopes that they will float! Everyone makes their own way, making different choices, different lifestyles; some get married, some adventure to other lands, some start careers, and some go home. I took the path of "other land" or "OE" as my beloved Kiwi friends would title it. Maybe it was the "Peter Pan Syndrome" in me or maybe it was the fact that I discovered this unknown love for other countries and cultures my second year in college. Regardless of why I made my move to New Zealand it doesn't matter because I did it and I am back and it forever shaped me. But now I am here in my home state trying to make a go of another type of lifestyle. I am waking up around 5 am most days, having green tea in the morning to wake up, regularly having quiet time, and on the road for work at 6:45. I am an adult who is making it a lifestyle to run each week, cook more of my meals than I eat out, really press hard into the passions that I have. So six months in I am still here, still treading water it seems, but I am doing it as unto the LORD. I get so frustrated sometimes, but I don't need to know it all right now, in this very moment...I just need to take it one day at a time. When Kristin and I traveled through Australia we took a tour that lead us up the coast and situated in a cliff was this plaque. She just sent this picture to me as a reminder. And what a sweet and true reminder it is.

No comments: