Sunday, May 25, 2008

Life As I Know It


Life as I know it is never going to be the same. God granted many wonderful years with a plans and goals, but now it is on to this "new" way of life. This way of life without having plans or straight and narrow goals. So many of my friends are in relationships, engaged, married, or starting families. Now it is not to say that all of these individuals know exactly where they are going and what they are headed for, but the reality is for these people is, that they have company along the way of not knowing. So many times I have joked with others and others have joked around with me that the grass is greener on the other side. I hate that my eyes focus on that which I do not have rather than what I do have. I am twenty-four years old and have already lived a life that only some can dream about. How selfish am I? My life of plans, goals, structure is gone and has been for some time, but I think the reality of it is finally settling in and the present reality of learning to say yes, without knowing the plan is what is taking its place. This is life as I know it.

No comments: