Cheesy title? Maybe. Significant meaning? Very much so. I believe this two worded phrase to mean so much more in my generation. In today's age we are being fed so many messages about hope and how it's never coming or it's just around the corner...regardless of these messages of hope I know my hope to be based upon something so much more substantial than all the other temporary hopes offered to me. My hope floats. It is not grounded or weighed down by this earth. It floats and is constantly within my grasp to take a hold of if I choose. This life seems to be constantly about choices. So one of my girl friends and I decided that with all these choices were going to choose to reach out and grasp the hope that is within our reach. We are both in the midst of just crazy growing up times. So in these times of confusion, loss, adventure, and uncertainty I am thankful and appreciative that my hope floats.
–verb (used with object)
6. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
7. to believe, desire, or trust
–verb (used without object)
8. to feel that something desired may happen
9. Archaic. to place trust; rely (usually fol. by in).
10. hope against hope, to continue to hope, although the outlook does not warrant it