Friday, September 22, 2006

My Own Little Piece of Never Never Land



Sometimes I can not help to think if they were the wrong choices. For the first time in my life that I can remember, my extended family are putting themselves out there, we talk on the phone, we e-mail, we want to spend time with one another...but maybe we all figured this out around the time I made my choice to move. Maybe we all realized just how important we are to each other.

But then again being the thinker I am, they are for me, the best choices I could be making. I have been so nervous what life looks like for Kris and I once we move over there, but I am already getting the chance to talk with people who are so welcoming that I know in time they will begin to be more of my family than they already are now. Regardless of the choices themselves, they have been my choices and I have done the best of my ability to seek God with all my heart in making these choices.

So maybe in some way and fashion this is my last kiss. For so long I have fought the idea of 'growing up'...I have tried to hang onto my 'Peter Pan' story as long as possible, but I think it happened this summer. Somewhere along the road, somewhere along the journey, things changed; I still get to have fun and be that little kid hiding out on, but this is my last kiss to living the life I have been living. A life of consistency, a plan, an outline. This is a whole new ball game, a whole new way of doing life, but the thing is I am ok with it. I am at peace with the choices I have made. I have accepted, embraced, forgiven, and forgotten. Now it is time to let that part of life go and be a part of who I am. A girl on a journey, hoping that in the process she will be able to honor her Maker, and find a few more parts of herself along the way.

*C.D. I never got a chance to really tell you this, but you inspired me and still do to this day. Thank you for being you. You are the one who is amazing.

1 comment:

carrie d. said...

oh my, how I did love the realness of this post... and of your heart.

you aren't alone in this amazingly scary/beautiful journey!

I love you!