Thursday, September 03, 2009

Glory of the Morning

I have not always been a fan of mornings.

I think I got the "night owl" gift from my Mum and during college I was ever thankful for this gift...it spared me from turning in certain papers late. However, there were several mornings that I got to rise with the dawn and I have to say there is something so amazing to be awake as you watch the sun rise.

Today was one of those days. I drove to a spot I found about a year and a half ago that takes me at least a little ways out of the "city" and I watched it rise. It is a sweet place when you can sit with the Creator of the universe in silence and just let the new day wash over you and with that you are granted another day. Another day filled with anticipation and expectation.

Mornings like this are truly something to behold.

No comments: