Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Approaching Desert


I had the chance to take a lovely walk with a friend the other night. And on this walk we discussed bits of our lives as they are now, love how well receive it and don't receive it, and where we are standing with God at the moment. Through our conversation about the latter I explained that about 4 or 5 months ago I sensed I would be walking through a rather dry season in my life, but I sensed a difference to all the other dry seasons I had walked before.


I had a complete understanding that God would be walking along side me and would not be leaving me, but it would be as though we were walking in silence. I don't know how many of you have ever walked these kinds of seasons where you feel alone, weighted down, and no real sense of direction. I think I come across it at least once or year or every other year where it truly settles into my life.


As my friend and I made our way to sit by the ocean we decided to fight through the apathy that had somewhat smothered us and give God what little we had. As we prayed for one another and encouraged each other in where we were both standing as individuals I got this true sense that I am really starting to learn things, take them to heart, and applying them to my life. It truly is an exceptional feeling when lessons start to sink in and I finally take hold of what I am supposed to.

No comments: